Junior/mid-weight digital designer - Maternity leave cover
Full time 10- 12 month contract with possibility to extend
The who and the what.
Webplace is an award winning, boutique, full-service digital agency, specialising in beginning to end digital creation. We work across a diverse range of industry sectors both nationally and internationally, with some wonderful clients. We love what we do and because of this we are a collaborative bunch with a passion for quality at all points of a project. As a group of hard working digi-lovers we always ensure there is time for a riverside stroll on the Yarra and Friday arvo drinks at the local micro-brewery. Based in the heart of Abbotsford, there’s always a good coffee not too far away.
We have a focussed, creative, team-driven environment with a great work-life balance. We’re looking for a talented digital designer looking to progress, the role has plenty of opportunity for personal development and career progression.
As a full-service digital agency, our combination of creative, strategy and technological expertise will enable you to work closely with our Creative Director, Designer, Digital Producer, UX Designer, Strategist and Developers on a wide range of exciting and varied projects.
What you’ll do.
Under the guidance of our Creative Director, you will be responsible for the start-to-end creative process – from creative concepts and design-development to execution for a wide range of digital solutions that include:
What we want.
- Bright ideas and innovative thinking
- A talent and passion for digital design with a portfolio to reflect it
- A detailed knowledge of responsive web design, transitions and interactions
- Highly experienced user of Sketch, InVision, the Adobe Creative Suite and Mac OS
- Knowledge of After Effects and/or Principle an advantage
- An eye for precision detail, even when multi-tasking and under pressure
- A communicator – able to contribute to creative workshops and explain your design rationale articulatel
- An active interest in HTML, CSS and interactivity (no development or coding skills required)
- Solid understanding of the user experience for all digital media
- Ability to interpret wireframes and translate into them into an effective design and experience
- Proactively contribute insights on techniques and processes in team forums
- Bachelor degree in design or communications design.
Have you got what it takes? If so we’d love to hear from you. Email a short cover letter, your résumé and link to your online portfolio to the Creative Director: firstname.lastname@example.org